1. First Burn
On your first burn, make sure to burn the candle until the wax pool reaches the edge of the glass. This will ensure your candle always burns evenly and will avoid your candle from tunnelling in the centre. This usually takes about 4hrs. Transport yourself to relaxation heaven.
2. Trim your Wick
Before each burn, make sure your trim your wick to 5mm. This will help prevent problems such as black smoke stains on glass. This causes flames to get too tall and the wax to burn too quickly. A trimmed wick gives you a steady burn, so you enjoy the glow.
3. Clean Glass
Soot can form inside the glass when the wick was not trimmed before being lit. To clean the jar, simple use a damp towel to gently wipe it clean. This shouldn’t occur too much if regular trimming is continued. Always make sure the candle is not burning and has completely cooled before cleaning.
4. Candle Placement
Heating sources, fans and drafts from open windows can cause uneven burning on your candle. Ensure the space chosen to display and burn your candle is carefully selected and clear of obstructions.
5. Be Available
Never leave your burning candle unattended. Be sure to extinguish the candle before leaving the room. This will prevent any potential hazardous events.
6. Know when to say goodbye
Never let your candle burn all the way down - this can damage the container. Once it's about 1cm from the base or holder, it's time for farewells.
Obvious but boring…
- Leave your burning candle unattended
- Keep your burning candle out of the reach from children and pets
- Burn candle for more than 4 hours at a time
- Move burning candle. Ensure you have a safe surface before burning
- Burn in a draught-free area
- Burn in a well-ventilated room
- Space burning candles at least 10cm apart from each other
- Trim your wick to 10mm before each burn